I have been graced with several nominations for various awards from my dear Twinnie friend Autumn Sunshine. She is a poetic genius and an imagineer that is also a Twin just like me and I appreciate all the awards she nominated me for. It’s been kind of difficult for me to get back to this blog with all the stuff that has been happening in my life but would love to share my appreciation with all those that are following this blog. Forgive me but I don’t think I’ll nominate many people for these awards since I’ve been quite busy with work and study so what I will do is make mention of blogs I think you should visit for creative geniuses are all over this blog world.
Ok Here Goes:
Award 1 : Reader Appreciation Award
I will explain this award exactly as Autumn had read it to be when she read about it- As she wrote, awards are like gifts–they are meant to be a blessing. Therefore, the “rules” are not legally binding–which means, if you’re not happy to be nominated, please have some mercy and grace for me. (Autum didn’t do compliance checks and neither will I!)
Rules: “List six nominations. Link the Award Image back to the one who presented it to you.” But if you can’t manage it, please do not fuss and fret.
All of these will be listed at the end of this post so please scroll down to the end for the list.
Award 2: Mrs. Sparky’s Ten Commandments Award
The “Mrs. Sparkly’s Ten Commandments Award” has to do with a woman of the same name, known for being very elegant and having high expectations, and who is committed to maintaining integrity, good manners and behavior, as well as a rich sense of humor. Thank you Autumn yet again, for considering me for this highly honored award! Now, I must answer 10 Questions “honestly” about myself, as part of my acceptance (rules) of this award.
1. Describe yourself in seven words.
Funny, Interesting, Mysterious, Inquisitive, Wise, Prudent (well at least trying to be lol), Kind
2. What keeps you up at night?
Music – I love singing and dancing to it— who doesn’t?
3. Whom would you like to be?
Me…as God intended me to be- need I say more?
4. What are you wearing now?
Black dress pants a velvet flower cami and a dress Jacket, oh and ballerina shoes with steel biker studs designed on the top.
5. What scares you?
Ignorance. There’s nothing worse that working with a fool. There’s nothing worse than being led by a fool either.
6. What are the best and worst things about blogging?
I enjoy putting my thoughts on virtual paper but the worst thing is not having enough time to do so and also not being able to visit all my favourite blogs and keep up with what’s going on.
7. What was the last website you looked at?
8. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I would change my vision and ask for 20/20 vision so that I don’t have to wear glasses.
9. Slankets, yes or no?
what’s a slanket??? ohhhhh well, too lazy to look it up so I’ll say….hmmm no.
10. Tell us something about the person who tagged you.
She’s a TWIN just like me!
Award 3: Kreative Blogger Award
Seven things about Myself
- I love Jesus but I guess that’s sort of obvious with my other blog http//www.nightshade130.wordpress.com.
- I love watching crime dramas and movies.
- As of late I’ve become interested in History…weird huh…So I went to chapters and was browsing through the history section and thought…uh oh….I’m following in my grandpa’s footsteps subconciously since he is a history buff and can tell me things that happened years ago. I want that historical brain thing happening! 😀
- My favorite hobby is reading and writing, hence blogging satisfies me in a large way.
- My ideal vacation would be somewhere close by a lake that has a serene view and me watching the water as I type on my laptop on a beach chair or reading a book. A retreat from civilization basically.
- I think that I’m a modern philosopher of sorts not that I’m aspiring to be…. but as a motivational writer…isn’t that what we do…philosophize about the world and how we should live in it?
- I’m a non-conformist transfomationist (I think I should copyright that term right now ( (c)2012 Sherline N.T. All rights reserved). I refuse to conform to worldy standards and dare to be me. Biblically principled and that how I choose to be…a transformationist advocating for the renewal of peoples minds to dare to be who God intended them to be.
Award 4: Versatile Blogger Award
Now for the rules:
1) Nominate 15 fellow bloggers <– sorry not this time (“me”)
2) Inform bloggers of their nomination
3) Share 7 random things about yourself
4) Thank the blogger who nominated you
5) Place versatile blogger award on your blog post
I have already done most of these rules so what I will do is share 7 more things about me instead.
1. If I had a choice between Sky diving and Rock Climbing, I’d rather sky dive just for the experience of flying in the sky. It looks really fun to fly…it’s the landing that gets me. I would also love to try hang gliding. That seems fun too, but I’d need a partner to come and venture out with me.
2. I would love to go on a Mediterranean Cruise but somehow…I think I’ll be happier going on one close to the Bahamas.
3. I have no problem swimming in lakes and pools but for some reason I fear swimming in beach water…probably due to a bad experience when I was a kid trying to swim in beach water at a beach in Sydney, Australia at high tide… The waves are really strong…
4. I don’t really like real tattoos on my skin just because of my avid aversion to pain, so the ones you spray on I find are really cool. I don’t like regretting something that’s permanent on my skin so to each their own. I don’t judge any who like the permanents stuff, I just find it rather scary for me to even try.
5. I used to love chocolate as a kid but as of late…the craving isn’t quite there for it….I wonder why?
6. I enjoy painting and though I have no time for it anymore, I find oil painting and tempra paints are my favourites to use when I paint on a canvass. I wasn’t able to draw like my twin when I was younger. She was naturally gifted but through hard work and determination, I was able to garner the same gifting in that area that I had no skill in at all. So it is possible to work hard and become gifted in an area you have no skill in at all. It’s all about perserverance friends 🙂
7. I would love to master the art of Calligraphy since I find old books with the that type of lettering to be quite beautiful. I even think that Chinese calligraphy is an amazing art as well and tried to do that with a teacher and it isn’t as easy as they make it seem to be in the movies.
My Last Award: Creative Chaos Award
Firstly: Thank the person who gave you the Award.
Secondly: Take your best shot at the 3 tasks listed below.
Thirdly: Nominate 5 people who recently followed your blog. In this situation I’m just going to nominate all at the end.
First Task: Three weird things I do:
Hmmm…I’m not weird lol- that’s probably me being in denial.
- I sometimes crave cereal at night… I know I know…it’s a strange thing… but it happens on occasion
- I love pulling pranks on my sister (the twin one and the younger one) and other people…nothing dangerous though, just haha funny I gotcha kind of pranks.
- I still love the playground…and if I go…I’m on the swings…I don’t care how old I am, I love swinging.
Second Task: You must tell why you look at the “glass half full” scenario and ask “what? No coffee?”
Can I change that with Tea???? I think that if someone were to look at my cup and ask me What, no Tea??? I’d say “I Know…it’s unheard of but miracles dooo happen!”. This is speaking from the Tea lover who’s going through withdrawal symptoms lol. 😉
Third Task: You find yourself in a desolate place when your car breaks down. You have no cellphone service, no Walmart, and only a candy bar for food. It is 150 miles to the closest town. What color are your under pants and why?
Lol, Underpants??? I think I’d be satisfied with the candy bar for food before I think about the color of my underpants. I’d most likely wait for help for at least one or two days before I consider walking to the next town if nothing happens. Talk about enforced gym exercise…I would probably question if this was some form of divine intervention to get me walking? lol.
Now for the nominees…
I chose a few that have really influenced my writing to a great extent. I haven’t listed many this time around because of time constraints and there are more that have really shaped my blogging life and I do appreciate you as well. Although this is a short list I’d like for you all to please help me by congratulating the ones I have chosen. If you find yourself on this list and do not wish to accept the awards…that is fine. There are no obligations or rules you must follow. You can just take them and enjoy them and know you are all worthy of them as far as I am concerned….Congrats to all of you!
http://subhanzein.wordpress.com/ – Subhan
http://ubebetternotbitter.wordpress.com/ – Shenine
http://bipolarmuse.com/ – Bipolar Muse